Deadline: July 14, 2023
- Your solution must be evidently aligned with the SDG7 challenge.
- Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Well-structured time horizon identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Your solution is readily available, being piloted, implemented, or scaled.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example, generating educational outcomes, employment opportunities, or developing skills.
- The solution’s impact on society must be adequately measured and/or measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to grow impact after expanding in scope or size and/or into other regions.
Applications for the CEZ/One Young World Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 7 are now open. Powering the sustainable future the world needs calls for greater investment from governments and business and CEZ Group is committed to helping make this future a reality. CEZ Group’s vision is to introduce innovations for addressing energy needs, contributing to greater quality of life. That’s why they are teaming up with One Young World to launch this Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 7.
The challenge aims to identify and support youth-led enterprises that are tackling the energy divide in the worst-affected countries and regions. They welcome solutions from young innovators that:
- Provide affordable energy to communities with limited access.
- Address the negative consequences of lack of energy access. Relevant examples could include:
- Providing sanitation services that are suitable for energy-poor areas.
- Food or medicine cooling solutions that can be effective off-grid communities. Ensuring children with limited access to electricity receive a quality education.
- Providing clean alternative cooking fuels.
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023.
- A US$50,000 grant from CEZ Group.
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of CEZ Group professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation.
The application deadline will close on July 14, 2023. Challenge winners will be confirmed by August 11, 2023.